EVENTS AND GATHERINGS
Organized public events, social gatherings
- At private properties (homes), socializing is limited to members of the same household. Individuals who live alone, including seniors, may consider having close contact with one other person.
- No organized indoor and outdoor public events or social gatherings.
Weddings, funerals, religious services and rites
Effective April 19, 2021 weddings, funerals, religious services and rites must comply with reduced capacity limits and maintain health guidance on physical distancing:
Indoor/Outdoor: 10 persons maximum
Drive-in Services: Permitted
Indoor/Outdoor: Not permitted. Only immediate members of the same household or one other person from outside that household who lives alone are permitted.
Drive-in: Not Permitted
- Effective April 17, 2021, reduction in capacity limits to 25 per cent in all retail settings where in-store shopping is permitted. This includes supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, indoor farmers' markets, other stores that primarily sell food and pharmacies.
- The majority of non-essential retailers can only operate for curbside pick-up and delivery, via appointment, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m., with delivery of goods to patrons permitted between 6:00 am and 9:00 pm, and other restrictions;
- Access to shopping malls limited for specified purposes, including for curbside pick-up and delivery, via appointment, with one single designated location inside the shopping mall, and any number of designated locations outside the shopping mall, along with other restrictions;
- Discount and big box stores in-person retail sales only for grocery items, pet care supplies, household cleaning supplies, pharmaceutical items, health care items, and personal care items
- The following stores can operate for in-person retail by appointment only and subject to a 25 per cent capacity limit and restricting allowable hours of operation to between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. with the delivery of goods to patrons permitted between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.:
- Safety supply stores;
- Businesses that primarily sell, rent or repair assistive devices, aids or supplies, mobility devices, aids or supplies or medical devices, aids or supplies;
- Rental and leasing services including automobile, commercial and light industrial machinery and equipment rental;
- Optical stores that sell prescription eyewear to the public;
- Businesses that sell motor vehicles, boats and other watercraft;
- Vehicle and equipment repair and essential maintenance and vehicle and equipment rental services; and
- Retail stores where the primary business activity is for telecommunications provider or service, which may only permit members of the public to enter the premises to purchase a cellphone or for repairs or technical support.
- Permitting outdoor garden centres and plant nurseries, and indoor greenhouses that engage in sales to the public, to operate with a 25 per cent capacity limit and a restriction on hours of operation to between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Restaurants, bars, food and drink establishments, food trucks
- No indoor and outdoor dining
- Takeout, drive-through and delivery services allowed
- Food trucks permitted for takeout
Personal care services
Hair salons, barber shops, nail salons, tattoo parlours etc. are not permitted to open.
Casinos, bingo halls and other gaming establishments closed.
Dance Studios & Halls, Music Schools
Closed to the public as they are not essential services.
Effective April 17, 2021, closure of all non-essential workplaces in the construction sector (examples of non-essential sites may include shopping malls, hotels and office towers. Important infrastructure work for governments are allowed to proceed).
Domestic and cleaning and maintenance
Domestic and cleaning and maintenance services permitted. Outdoor cleaning and maintenance services permitted, including for indoor or outdoor painting, pool cleaning, general repairs.
Schools and Childcare
- Effective April 19, 2021 teacher-led remote learning for schools.
- Child care for non-school aged children to remain open.
- Before and after school programs are closed.
- Postsecondary schools open for virtual learning with some limited exceptions for training that can only be provided in-person, such as clinical training or training related to a trade.
Gyms and fitness centres
Indoor fitness activities remain closed.
No indoor or outdoor sports or recreational classes are permitted at any indoor or outdoor sport and recreational facility.
Outdoor Sports and Recreational Fitness Activities
Outdoor recreational amenities are closed (baseball diamonds, soccer fields, tennis and basketball courts, skate parks, outdoor fitness equipment, outdoor picnic sites and tables
Playgrounds, play structures and equipment are open.
Outdoor parks and recreational areas may be open for the purposes of permitting persons to walk through. Persons must maintain physical distance from any other person except for person from the same household, a member of one other household who lives alone or a caregiver for any member of either household.
Outdoor recreational spaces and parks
- Parks, playgrounds, walking paths and cycling trails permitted to be open.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Mandatory masks when in line ups.
City Recreation Centres
- Indoor remains closed to the public.
- Indoor sporting facilities may be rented by professional sports teams as mentioned in legislation for practice. E.g. NHL, MBL, etc.
Indoor sports and recreational facilities
- Closed to the public, including pools, rinks.
- Some exceptions allowed i.e. professional sports groups as mentioned in legislation allowed to rent City-owned recreational facilities for practice.
Professional sports groups/athletes
- Athletes training for Olympics or if part of a professional group (such as NHL etc. as identified in the legislation) are allowed to train at their respective facility or can rent a City facility.
- Semi-pro, minor leagues and other sporting groups not permitted.
Driving schools, taxis, rideshare, tow trucks
- In-car instruction not allowed for driving schools within city limits.
- Taxis, rideshare allowed. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Tow trucks can operate but no passengers allowed.
CITY HALL AND CORPORATE FACILITIES (for a full list, click here)
City Hall and Corporate Facilities
- Walk-ins are not permitted.
- City Hall and corporate facilities remain open for in-person services by appointment only. To book an appointment, visit www.brampton.ca/skiptheline.
Brampton Library offers limited in-branch services at Chinguacousy, Four Corners, and Springdale and Curbside Pickup of held materials and Book Bundles at Cyril Clark, Gore Meadows, Mount Pleasant Village, South Fletcher's, and South West Branch Libraries.
Customers can borrow staff-selected Grab ‘n’ Go themed surprise bags of library materials at all branches and return materials safely and easily through 24-hour external drop boxes. Overdue fines will not be charged until further notice.
In-branch services are limited to brief, self-service use of our computers for transactional purposes, to a maximum of one hour transaction per day, where available; limited printing and photocopying services; and in-branch holds pickup at 90-minute intervals with 30-minute cleaning breaks. In-branch study space is not available and the use of personal devices to work or study is not permitted at this time.
Click here for hours of operation, safety protocols, and how to place holds.