Current Phase: Provincewide Shutdown
EVENTS AND GATHERINGS
Organized public events, social gatherings
- No indoor organized public events or social gatherings except with members of the same household. Individuals who live alone, including seniors, may consider having close contact with one other person;
- Outdoor organized public events or social gatherings limited to a maximum of 10 people;
Weddings, funerals, religious services and rites
Wedding services, funeral services and religious services, rites or ceremonies where physical distancing can be maintained can have up to 10 people indoors or 10 people outdoors.
- Retail stores permitted to be open for curbside pick-up or delivery only
- Certain stores such as for supermarkets, grocery stores, pharmacies, hardware stores, discount and big box retailers selling groceries, beer, wine and liquor stores, safety supply stores, and convenience stores, allowed to operate at 50 percent capacity
- Line up permitted outside with social distancing and mask/face coverings mandatory
Restaurants, bars, food and drink establishments, food trucks
- No indoor dining
- No outdoor or patio dining
- Takeout, drive-through and delivery services allowed
- Food trucks permitted for takeout
Personal care services
Hair salons, barber shops, nail salons, tattoo parlours etc. closed
Casinos, bingo halls and other gaming establishments closed
Dance Studios & Halls, Music Schools
Closed to the public as they are not essential services
Independent paint stores
Closed for in-store shopping. Curbside pick-up allowed.
- No in-store shopping
- Only curbside pick up allowed
- Food court open for takeout only. Public can enter only for takeout and must not access any other retail store within the premise.
- When waiting outside for curbside pick up:
- Don’t crowd around the premise
- Do not park in fire routes
- Do not park in an accessible parking spots without a valid permit
Before and after school programs, and child care will remain open
Gyms and fitness centres
Closed as they are not essential services
City Recreation Centres
- Closed to the public
- Indoor sporting facilities may be rented by professional sports teams as mentioned in legislation for practice. E.g. NHL, MBL, etc.
Indoor sports and recreational facilities
- Closed to the public, including pools, rinks
- Some exceptions allowed i.e. professional sports groups as mentioned in legislation allowed to rent City-owned recreational facilities for practice.
Professional sports groups/athletes
- Athletes training for Olympics or if part of a professional group (such as NHL etc. as identified in the legislation) are allowed to train at their respective facility or can rent a City facility.
- Semi-pro, minor leagues and other sporting groups not permitted
Driving schools, taxis, rideshare, tow trucks
- In-car instruction not allowed for driving schools within city limits
- Taxis, rideshare allowed. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Tow trucks can operate but no passengers allowed
CITY HALL AND CORPORATE FACILITIES (for a full list, click here)
City Hall and Corporate Facilities
- Walk-ins are not permitted.
- City Hall and corporate facilities remain open for in-person services by appointment only. To book an appointment, visit www.brampton.ca/skiptheline.
Outdoor recreational spaces and parks
- Parks, playgrounds, outdoor City-operated rinks, ski hill, walking paths and cycling trails permitted to be open
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times
- Mandatory masks when in line ups