Employment & Career Development
Current Job Opportunities
- List of Brampton companies hiring right now as a result of an increase in demand due to COVID-19
- Ontario employment programs for people under 30
- Ontario Jobs & Employment
- Government of Canada Youth Employment and Skills Program
- Government of Canada Job Bank
- Youth volunteer opportunities with Volunteer MBC
- TRCA’s Girls Can Too program prepares young women for careers in the trades and environmental sector
- Through Conservation Youth Corps, high school students can learn how to safely use equipment and participate in environmental conservation, while earning volunteer hours.
- Roots Community Services offers a Youth Entrepreneurship Mentoring Program called Black Leaders of Tomorrow.
Skills for Life organizes workshops, events, and other initiatives to fill the gap between traditional learning and practical skills. They offer weekly Instagram Live Series with various life skill topics.
Canada Student Service Grant: by volunteering with a local organization this summer, students can gain valuable experience and obtain the Canada Student Service Grant.
Ontario creating new career opportunities for disadvantaged youth
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP): 2020/21 applications now open
YMCA Peel Employment & Community Programming
- The Resource Centre provides tools youth need to find employment, including interview techniques workshop, resume workshop, resume critiques one-on-one, magnet information session, mock interview one-on-one, and job searching.
- Employment Services provides one-on-one counselling to address some of the barriers in entering the labour market. Services include resume and cover letter writing, developing job search strategy and interview preparation through mock interviews.
- The Youth Job Connection programis for youth 15-29. Services include:
- Virtual paid pre-employment training to promote job readiness;
- Job matching and paid employment placements, with placement supports for participants and hiring incentives for employers;
- Virtual mentorship services; and
- Education and work transition supports.
- Youth Job Connection Summer program offers a paid pre-employment workshop to assist with overcoming barriers.
- Skills Development For Youth is a 12-week program that assists participants 15-30, who are out of work, a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected citizen and legally entitled to work in Canada with the skills and techniques to become employable.
- The Youth Outreach Worker Program supports youth 12-21 with a wide variety of issues including but not limited to education, employment, legal, family matters, housing and basic needs, to connect them with services and resources.
- The Newcomer Youth Leadership Development program is for newcomer youth 13-24. The program offers youth opportunities to make new friends, practice English, gain leadership, teamwork and social skills. Youth will learn about their community and gain volunteer hours.