Employment & Career Development
- Ontario employment programs for people under 30
- Government of Canada Youth Employment and Skills Program
- Ontario Public Service Student Jobs
- Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Ontario creating new career opportunities for disadvantaged youth.
- TRCA’s Girls Can Too program prepares young women for careers in the trades and environmental sector.
- Youth Activists Inc. is a non-profit organization focusing on the development of youth leadership skills, community organizing, and advocacy for youth related issues in Ontario.
- The Youth Entrepreneurship Program teaches youth (15-30) to build a business or become self-employed with training, coaching and supports.
- The Brampton Library is accepting applications and selecting youth volunteers. If interested, complete this application form.
- Boys and Girls Club of Peel is hiring this summer (for 30-40 spots). Youth can send resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Canada Summer Jobs”.
Youth Climate Leadership Program is a six-month leadership program for youth 19-25. Program starts May 19.
The Starter Company Plus program will assist people 18 years and over interested in starting, expanding or purchasing a business in Brampton. The program provides free training and business skills development; free mentorship and guidance and an opportunity to apply for a program grant of up to $5,000 after the completion of mandatory training and mentorship.
Newcomer Youth Green Economy Project is a free program offered by TRCA for youth (18-29) interested in learning more about green careers, making industry connections, receiving career mentoring, and participating in a real world project to add to their resume.
Applications are open for LGBT Youthline’s YouthOrganize Program. This is a 10-month volunteer leadership program for 2SLGBTQ+ youth that will help build relationships, develop skills, and work together in small pods to create a community project that will support fellow 2SLGBTQ+ youth.
- Roots Community Services offers a Youth Entrepreneurship Mentoring Program called Black Leaders of Tomorrow.
- Skills for Life offers a New Age Mentorship Program & Discover Your Path Program.
- Sheridan College EDGE’s Social Impact Catalyst, powered by RBC Future Launch, supports youth entrepreneurs with mentorship, expertise and funding as they develop solutions to community challenges.
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters virtual mentoring program.
- Rapport Youth and Family Services is conducting orientation and intake (by appointment only) for their cohort starting in June. Interested candidates can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Resource Centre provides tools youth need to find employment, including interview techniques workshop, resume workshop, resume critiques one-on-one, magnet information session, mock interview one-on-one, and job searching.
- Employment Services provides one-on-one counselling to address some of the barriers in entering the labour market. Services include resume and cover letter writing, developing job search strategy and interview preparation through mock interviews.
- The Youth Job Connection program is for youth 15-29. Services include virtual paid pre-employment training to promote job readiness; job matching and paid employment placements, with placement supports for participants and hiring incentives for employers; virtual mentorship services; and education and work transition supports.
- Youth Job Connection Summer program offers a paid pre-employment workshop to assist with overcoming barriers.
- Skills Development For Youth is a 12-week program that assists participants 15-30, who are out of work, a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected citizen and legally entitled to work in Canada with the skills and techniques to become employable.
- The Youth Outreach Worker Program supports youth 12-21 with a wide variety of issues including but not limited to education, employment, legal, family matters, housing and basic needs, to connect them with services and resources.
- The Newcomer Youth Leadership Development program is for newcomer youth 13-24. The program offers youth opportunities to make new friends, practice English, gain leadership, teamwork and social skills. Youth will learn about their community and gain volunteer hours.