Health and Safety

    How do I protect myself and others?

    Follow all current public health restrictions and recommendations including wearing a mask, practicing physical distancing, washing your hands, getting tested if you have symptoms and getting vaccinated when its your turn.

    Learn more about current public health measures and how we can stay safe and take care of each other.

    If you are leaving your home, keep track of where you go and who you come into contact with. If you do contract COVID, this information will help identify who else might have been exposed. You can also download the COVID Alert app, which notifies you and others in the case that you have been exposed to COVID.

    Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if you’ve been exposed.

    What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

    Common signs include fever, and respiratory symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia and acute respiratory distress.

    In Peel, self-isolation is a requirement under the Class Order issued by the Medical Officer of Health under Section 22 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act. Find out what the Class Order on self-isolation means for you.

    If you need help deciding if you should get tested for COVID-19, take the online self-assessment.

    What should I do if I'm worried I might have COVID-19?

    Please take the online self-assessment test at Telehealth Ontario. If you are concerned about your symptoms after taking this assessment, call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 or Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700.

    Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in Brampton?

    There are different types of testing locations that you can visit, depending on your situation. You can access Ontario’s full list of testing locations or refer to our list of assessment centres and community testing locations in Peel.

    Peel residents are also eligible to get tested in other regions.

    Where can I get details about COVID-19 vaccine?

    The City follows the guidance of Peel Public Health. Get the latest info about vaccination from the Region of Peel’s website.  

    Pop-up clinics, pharmacies, doctor’s offices, walk-in clinics, and other primary care providers in your neighbourhood are offering the vaccine. Find locations.

    Where can I find information about self-isolation resources?

    For anyone in Peel who is required to self-isolate but cannot do so at home, the Region of Peel has established voluntary isolation and recovery programs to support. Click here for more information.

    Where can I get free rapid antigen tests?

    Anyone without symptoms or who has not recently been in contact with someone with COVID-19 is eligible to receive a free take-home rapid antigen test kit from a pop-up site or get a free test performed on-site as part of the government’s holiday testing blitz. You do not need an appointment to access a pop-up site. However, access to rapid antigen tests will be subject to available supply. At sites distributing tests, there is a limit of one test kit per person. New locations will be posted on Fridays, and on a rolling basis as sites are confirmed. See a list of locations here.

Business Supports

    Is the Brampton Entrepreneur Centre and Co-Working space still open and providing business consultation services and running seminars & workshops?

    The Brampton Entrepreneur Centre (BEC) is closed until further notice. Virtual programs and new services are being offered to further support local businesses. BEC is part of Small Business Centres (SBC) Ontario and the Ontario Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Network. Check out for our programs, events, and more information.

    If you wish to speak to one of our advisors, you can book a virtual appointment to discuss your business and any questions.

    Can businesses continue to bid on City procurement projects?

    Bidders are advised that during this period of time, the bidding process will proceed as normal, including submitting questions and bid closings.

    As usual, Bidders may submit questions pertaining to a specific bid call to the Purchasing Representative through the Bidding System using the ‘Submit Question’ button. However, some procurement processes could take longer than usual due to City facilities closure. 

    For general inquiries, vendors may contact Purchasing at Emails will be monitored by Purchasing staff.

    The City of Brampton announced a COVID-19 Vaccination Administrative Directive, effective October 4, 2021 (the “Directive”). Where the Directive applies, by November 15, 2021, all contractors are required to assign contractor personnel who are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series or receive a negative Antigen test result prior to attending City facilities. This applies to all bidders, contractors, subcontractors, service providers, independent contractors, consultants, subconsultants, suppliers, and any other entity attending City facilities to perform work or service, attend meetings, perform a site visit or have physical interaction with City employees inside City facilities.

    Further information regarding vaccination requirements for contractors is available in the program document available here.

    Have any changes been made to Accounts Payable processes?

    The City has committed to accelerating payment of invoices owed to local vendors, suppliers and non-profits, with a target of 14 days from our usual 30 days, to get money back to local businesses as quickly as possible.

City Services

    Can I still contact 311 for City information and services?

    Yes, Service Brampton will continue to operate as usual through phone, email and online at Try our new mobile app, available on Google Play and the App Store.

General Licence, Permits; Commissioner of Oaths Services

    How does the provincial restrictions on construction work impact City building projects?

    City-led construction projects are considered as essential services and are not impacted. Please read here for more details

    Can I still apply for a marriage licence?

    Marriage licences are now issued by appointment only. Required documents list and details are available in multiple languages on the Marriage Licenses web page. To book an appointment, click here.

    When will civil ceremonies resume?

    Civil marriage ceremonies are available Wednesdays and Fridays only. Book your marriage ceremony here

    Email or call 905.874.2113 for information about civil weddings.

    How can I access Commissioner of Oaths Services?

    Please book an appointment. Currently these services are offered twice a week:

    Tuesdays: 1 - 3:30 pm
    Thursdays: 9 am – 12 noon

    Before booking your appointment, please familiarize yourself with the guidelines and document requirements. The information is available on the City’s webpage.

Building Permits and Second Units

    When is the Building Division Reopening?

    Inline with the Government of Ontario’s guidelines under their Plan to Safely Reopen Ontario and Manage COVID-19 for the Long-Term, the City of Brampton’s Building Division is preparing to safely reopen our office at 8850 McLaughlin Road – Unit 1 on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. Office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, excluding statutory holidays. To schedule an appointment online, click here. Appointments can also be scheduled using the kiosk available in our front lobby. 

    The health and safety of staff and residents remains of utmost importance to the City. As a result, permit and inspection Services are offered on-line @ We advise you check if the service you require is available online before visiting the office.

    The City will continue to monitor COVID-19 in the community, and will update residents with any additional changes to services or programming.

    For inquiries, call 311 or 904-874-2401 or email us at

    Are building inspections continuing?

    In addition to continuing inspections of unoccupied buildings, effective April 6, the City of Brampton Building Division will be accepting requests for remote video inspections of occupied residential buildings until our onsite operations resume. Click here for more information.

    What is the policy regarding masks?

    Residents are reminded that the City has extended its Brampton COVID-19 Mandatory Face Mask By-law until April 1, 2022.

    Under the COVID-19 Mandatory Face Mask By-law, non-medical masks are required in all indoor public spaces in Brampton. Scarves, bandanas, neck gaiters or neck warmers and masks with exhalation valves are not acceptable forms of face coverings. Also under the by-law, masks may only be removed for consumption of food or drink if an individual is seated in a designated area for that purpose.

    The City thanks residents for continuing to do their part, physically distancing, practising good hygiene and wearing masks to help stop the spread.

Animal Services

    Is Animal Services operating?

    Animal Control will be on the road Monday to Friday from 7 am to 10 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 6:30 pm, and will be responding to the following calls only:

    • Pick up of sick/injured/aggressive domestic animals and wildlife
    • Aggressive animal
    • Dog running at large
    • Dog bite investigation
    • Pick up of confined stray dog
    • Pick up of dead animal

    Park Patrols will be completed when deemed necessary to identify pets and owners that have created a situation of concern in a public area. Outside of these hours we will be responding to emergencies only.

    Is the Animal Shelter open?

    The animal shelter and office at Chrysler Drive is open for appointment-based services, such as for adoptions, etc. Click here for details.

    What about pets and COVID-19?

    COVID-19 is predominantly human disease, but we can’t completely ignore the role of animals even if it’s small. We can use simple, practical measures to reduce the presumably low risks to and from animals, and we should:

    • If you’re infected, limit contact with animals.
    • If someone in your house is infected, keep your animals away from other animals and people.

    Social distancing includes your pets. Keep your pets away from other people and animals outside your household, just like you should be doing with yourself.

    Can my pets get COVID-19?

    The current spread of COVID-19 is a result of human-to-human transmission. Scientists are still trying to understand if and how it affects animals. To date, research indicates that cats and dogs are not likely to be infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19).

    Do I need to worry about COVID-19 being carried on the fur of my pets or other pets I interact with?

    There is no evidence to suggest that pets or other animals play a role in transmitting the disease to humans.

    If I get sick, can I still cuddle with my pets?

    If you are sick, you have COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating due to contact with a COVID-19 case, you should follow similar recommendations around animals, as you would around people in these circumstances. As there are many unknowns, and experts believe the risk of human to pet transmission is very low, exercise caution and avoid close contact with your pets while sick. 

    • If possible, have another member of your household care for your animals while you are sick. 
    • Avoid contact with your pet including, petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, and sharing food. 
    • If you must care for your pet or be around animals while you are sick, wash your hands before and after you interact with them.
    • Limit your animal's contact with other people and animals outside the household until your illness is resolved.

    How do I prepare to keep my pet safe if I get COVID-19 and can no longer care for them?

    Have a plan. Identify a temporary caregiver in case you are hospitalized and prepare an emergency supply kit for your pet. 

    This should include:

    • Name and contact information for the person who can care for your pets
    • Name and contact information for a back-up in case your original choice is no longer able to help
    • Food, treats, a leash, toys and any other supplies necessary to care for your pet for a minimum of two weeks
    • A crate or carrier to transport your pet, properly labelled with your pet’s name and your contact information.
    • Vaccination records
    • Collar with ID tags (ensure their microchip information is up to date)
    • Medications and prescriptions, along with instructions
    • Daily care instructions
    • Your veterinarian's contact information

    If a friend or family member has tested positive for COVID-19 and may be hospitalized. They have asked me to care for their pet. Can I do that, and how?

    Follow advice, based on current knowledge and research and the recommendations for caring for pets of COVID-19 positive owners. Know the risks and decide for yourself, in consultation with your physician and your family.

    Are you still doing adoptions, foster placement and emergency intake?

    Yes. We are performing all of those services by appointment only. Please visit the BAS adoption page for more information.

Facilities and Amenities

    Are parks, trails and green spaces still open to the public?

    All Brampton parks and trails, including playgrounds, are open. Please note that park equipment is not sanitized. For information on what’s open and closed, click here.

    Are libraries open?

    All library branches are open. For hours of operation, services, and safety protocols, click here.  

    Whether in-branch, or at curbside, Brampton Library is ready to inspire connections with you, safely. Click here to get a library card and click here to subscribe to email updates.

    Can I still visit a cemetery?

    All city cemeteries are open. For more information, click here.

    Are the City parking lots and garages open?

    Municipal parking lots/garages are open. Parking will remain complimentary at this time. Overnight parking is not permitted.  

    Paid parking on downtown streets will remain complimentary at this time. 

    How can I social/physical distance myself when using a parking garage?

    The City encourages all who utilizing the parking facilities to continue physical distancing practices when using the garages or parking lots. 

    Having members of the public park in the garage structures, it forces vehicles to park door to door, which can lead to people being in closer proximity of one another. To minimize the number of garage user interactions, strategic parking stalls have been marked off to limit the capacity of vehicles in the garages. 

    The City recommends that residents avoid parking directly next to other vehicles where possible and avoid getting in and/or out of vehicles until a distance of 2 meters (6.5 feet) from other users can be achieved. Please wear masks, especially when physical distancing practices cannot be met.

    I need to attend a location in downtown Brampton, where can I park?

    The City encourages you to park at one of the open parking facilities or on the street. The City will not be charging for approved parking locations. Enforcement Officers will not ticket street-parked vehicles unless it is a safety issue or a vehicle is interfering with normal traffic flow. 

    All City owned and operated parking facilities in the downtown are now open for use.

    I pay for a parking pass, can I get a refund since I cannot use the garages?

    This is currently under review. When a decision is made, it will be communicated to all pass holders.

    Is The Alderlea open?

    The Alderlea is closed to the public. Please visit here to tour The Alderlea virtually, and connect with the team for future events.

    Is The Rose Theatre open?

    All indoor City of Brampton Performing Arts facilities will temporarily close for performances with an in person audience, as of January 5, 2021. 

    A full refund for credit/cheque, account credit, or donation is available to all ticket-holders, by emailing  

Roles and Responsibilities of Governments

    What are the roles and responsibilities of the Government?

    View the roles and responsibilities of the Government below including the City of Brampton, Region of Peel, Province of Ontario and Government of Canada. To download an accessible version of this information, click here.

    Government Roles and Responsibilities

    Brampton Task Forces Roles and Responsibilities

Backyard Program

    What is the Backyard Garden Program?

    The Backyard Garden Program is an eco-friendly initiative to help support food security in our city, and encourage residents to get active at home during the COVID-19 emergency. 

    Registration for the 2022 Program opens on February 1. Learn more here.


    Are recreation centres and amenities open?

    On January 3, the Provincial Government announced additional health and safety measures in response to the rapidly spreading Omicron variant. 

    As a result, beginning Wednesday, January 5, the following recreation program and service impacts are in effect:

    Recreation Centres

    City of Brampton recreation centres are temporarily closed and all indoor recreation programs and services are suspended. 

    Drop-in/pay-as-you-go programs are temporarily suspended. Clients with existing reservations for drop-in/pay-as-you-go programs will receive an automatic credit on their account. 

    Winter registered sessional programs are temporarily suspended until the week of January 31. Program end dates will not be adjusted. Winter registered program registrants will receive a pro-rated credit on their client account to make up for the reduced session duration.

    Facility Bookings
    Facility bookings, including indoor sports and facility rentals, are suspended with limited exceptions. Contract holders will be contacted by staff to have their bookings rescheduled or cancelled and a credit issued to their account. Please note staff will be contacting contract holders in chronological order, starting with bookings taking place on January 5.


    One-month memberships will be cancelled and credited their value pro-rated as of Wednesday, January 5. 

    How do I obtain a refund instead of a credit

    Refunds can be requested by email by contacting

    What outdoor amenities, programs and services are available?

    Outdoor skating rinks continue to operate on a first-come, first-served basis, weather and ice conditions permitting. Visitors are encouraged to visit here for updates to outdoor skating guidelines and outdoor rink operational status prior to their visit. 

    Mount Chinguacousy drop-in skiing, snowboarding and tubing is tentatively scheduled to open on Friday, January 14, weather and snow conditions permitting. Proof of vaccination requirements are in place for visits to the ski chalet. For more information regarding proof of vaccination status requirements when visiting the ski chalet, visit

    What new guidelines are in place for visitors when coming into Recreation Centre for a program?

    Recreation centres are currently closed. Important information pertaining to health and safety requirements in place at Recreation Centres can be found here.

    Do I need to make a reservation to visit a Recreation Centre?

    Reservations are no longer required for visits to Recreation Centres, however, it is recommended that visitors purchase their services online in advance of their visit as all services are first come, first-served. Walk-ins are available where space permits.

    View here to purchase a drop-in or register online using an existing or new City of Brampton Recreation registration account. View this tutorial for a step-by-step guide on how to set-up a new account. Should you have questions, please email our team at for support. Alternatively, residents are encouraged to call 311 (or 905 874-2000 if residing outside of Brampton) for support.

    Where can I find more information regarding previous annual memberships and how they were impacted by COVID-19 closures?

    For more information regarding memberships, please, visit here.

    How can I stay active and engaged at home?

    Brampton Recreation has launched Recreation at Home, a virtual programming hub featuring a variety of video and printable tutorials to keep residents active, entertained and engaged while at home. Digital resources are available for all age groups and interests. A list of activities can be located here.

Interim Bike Lanes

    Why have the interim bike lanes been implemented?

    With the current physical distancing measures in place and actions taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the City of Brampton is implementing Interim Bike Lanes to provide residents an alternative cycling option to the recreational trails.

    With vehicular traffic in Peel Region down by 33 per cent as a result of COVID-19, this presented a unique opportunity to showcase a part of this planned east-west cycling facility that will provide a safe connection for people on bicycles to essential amenities and to the City’s recreational trail network.

    How long will the interim bike lane be in place?

    The City is temporarily closing off the curb lanes until the permanent protected bike lanes are implemented. The bike lanes were approved as part of the Active Transportation Master Plan and the City is working on design options for the lanes. 

    Where are the interim bike lanes being implemented?

    The following sections of road will be closed to vehicular traffic and re-purposed for bicycle use only:

    • Vodden Street - Ken Whillans Drive to Howden Boulevard
    • Howden Boulevard – Vodden Street to Central Park Drive

    Learn more here.

    Is there a route map I can use?

    To complement and maximize the value of the interim bike lanes along Vodden Street and Howden Boulevard, here’s a map of bicycle-friendly loops to increase access for residents to more essential amenities.

Brampton Transit

    Is Brampton Transit service impacted?

    In response to COVID-19 and to ensure Brampton Transit is serving its community safely, they are currently operating on a reduced service. Check schedules before travelling. 

    To reduce COVID-19 transmission in the community, Brampton Transit has implemented a number of safety measures. Non-medical masks are mandatory on buses and at terminals. All riders are encouraged to regularly check Brampton Transit’s website for the latest schedules and service updates and to learn more about Brampton Transit’s COVID-19 safety measures.

    What are you doing to keep Brampton Transit buses and terminals clean?

    As of March 6, an enhanced cleaning and sanitizing schedule began at Brampton Transit. We’ve increased the frequency of bus cleanings using OXIVIR, a disinfectant solution that we currently use.

    It is Brampton Transit’s goal to disinfect all hard surfaces, operator compartments and seats every 48 hours. The majority of buses are currently sanitized every 24 hours.

    The additional cleaning and disinfection schedule will be in place for the foreseeable future and are being monitored.

    Brampton Transit facilities and terminals have hard surfaces wiped down and sanitized on a daily basis.

    We will be doing the deeper clean for the next foreseeable future. We are working closely with the Region of Peel, other transit agencies and the Brampton Emergency Management Office to monitor risks.

    Where can I find details of Transit Operators who tested positive for COVID-19?

    Details of all City of Brampton public-facing employees who test positive for COVID-19 can be found under City of Brampton COVID-19 Case Update.  

    What happens when a transit operator has tested positive for COVID-19?

    As soon as the City is made aware that a transit operator has tested positive for COVID-19, the operator goes into self-isolation for 14 days. The City’s priority is providing support to this individual and their family, and continuing to help protect the health and safety of our employees, customers and community. 

    Public Health reaches out to the employees who have been in close contact with the operator. 

    When deemed necessary, the City issues an update internally and updates the webpage with the route information. People who travelled on the routes listed below, who are feeling well, with no symptoms, should continue to go about their daily routines and not call Public Health. People who develop symptoms are asked to call Public Health and if anyone requires emergency medical assistance, please call 911.


Meetings and Events

    Are public events still happening at City facilities?

    The City of Brampton is committed to putting the health and safety of our residents first. We are monitoring the rise of COVID-19 cases and the rapid growth of the Omicron variant and will follow the lead of the provincial government and public health officials, adhering to the guidelines they set in place. 

    Learn more about City festivals and events here.

    Are shows still running at The Rose Theatre Brampton?

    The Rose Brampton presents its winter/spring 2022 season running from January to April 2022. The following measures are in place:

    • Indoor performances will continue at 50% capacity
    • The Rose bars will remain closed; no food or drink will be served or sold
    • Rentals are being considered on a case-by-case basis, in accordance with the existing rentals process and timelines
    • Masking requirements remain in effect for all indoor venues
    • Proof of vaccination or medical exemption is required for all patrons and rental clients
    • Proof of vaccination or proof of negative COVID-19 test is required for all City of Brampton staff, volunteers, contractors and artists, curators, and co-presenters

    These facilities remain closed:  

    Are community flag raising events still taking place?

    The Protocol Office will operate Community Recognition programs under modified guidelines.

    Applications for Proclamations, Birthday Scrolls, Clock Tower Lightings, and Community Flag Raisings will continue to be accepted. Contact the Protocol office for more details.

    Are Council meetings still taking place?

    In consideration of the current COVID-19 public health orders prohibiting large public gatherings and requiring physical distancing, in-person attendance at Council and Committee meetings will be limited to Members of Council and essential City staff only. Public attendance at meetings is currently restricted. It is strongly recommended that all persons continue to observe meetings online or participate remotely.

Tax Payment

    How can I pay my taxes?

    Cash payments are not accepted. There are many other options to pay taxes:

    • At a bank or other financial institution: Property taxes are payable at most banks or trust companies (financial institutions may charge for this service).

    • Internet/telephone banking through financial institutions: When making the transaction, enter your 17-digit Tax Roll Number starting with 10 and ending with 0000 as the requested account number.

    • Credit card payments: are not accepted directly by the City of Brampton. However, Property Taxes can be paid online by credit card using an online bill payment service provider such as Plastiq or Paytm. The service provider may charge service fees and there may be restrictions on the types of credit cards accepted. The City of Brampton receives only the billed tax amount. Payment is processed by the City on the date we receive the funds which may be a few days after payment is made. Please refer to the service provider's website for terms and conditions of their service, charges and payment processing times.

    • Cheques: made payable to “Brampton Taxes” can be dropped off at the drop box at City Hall. Cheques can also be mailed to PO Box 4263 Station A Toronto ON M5W 5T5. Write your 17-digit Tax Roll Number on each cheque. Postdated cheques cannot exceed one year from the first issue date.

    • Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan: the City withdraws your tax payments automatically from your chequing account (you cannot use a line of credit, credit card or savings accounts). There are no service charges or fees for enrolling in the plan.

    If you require more information or wish to enroll, visit the Pre-Authorized Payment Program

    To learn more about payment options, click here.

    Can I pay at City Hall?

    City Hall is open for appointment-based, in-person services. To book an appointment to pay taxes, click here. There are other, easier and quicker ways to pay taxes, described above and we strongly encourage you try it. 

    The drop box is to be used only for cheque payments. Please do not deposit cash in the drop box.

    How can I find out how much I owe and when the payment is due?

    Taxpayers can use the online My Property Tax Service to access their tax information. The unique Customer Number is required in order to use this online service.

    How do I cancel Pre-Authorized Payment Plan PTP?

    Taxpayers who are enrolled in Pre-authorized Tax Payment program (PTP) with the City can cancel their future due instalments, by clicking here to contact Property Tax and submitting their PTP enrolment cancellation request. In order to resume the pre-authorized payment at a later date, the payment holder will need to re-apply to the City.

    All cancellation requests must be received in writing. You must include your name, property address, roll number and details of your request.

    What happens if I cancel my PTP plan?

    Cancelling a plan removes the payment agreement from the account. Payments will not be taken automatically from your bank and the property owners are responsible for making the tax payments as per the billing due dates. In order to re-enroll in the Pre-authorized Tax Payment plan, owners will need to reapply for enrolment using this form.

Tax Collection

    I applied to defer my property taxes in 2021. When are payments due to the City?

    If you applied to the City to defer your 2021 property taxes, please ensure deferred payments are made to the City in full by December 15, 2021 to avoid interest and charges. Click here for convenient options to pay your taxes. 

    Can I enter in a payment arrangement if my tax account is in collection?

    The City will accommodate payment arrangements for accounts that are 3 years in arrears. If you have received a Final Notice for Tax Arrears and would like to enter in a payment arrangement, please contact Corporate Collection by email at or by calling 905.874.5280 for payment arrangement options.

Provincial Offences Court

    What if I have a Notice of Trial for an In-Person appearance?

    As of Monday, June 7, 2021 all in-person trials for Provincial Offences Act matters are in the process of being scheduled for remote (video) appearances. Parties will receive a Notice to Parties Regarding Video Appearance or a Notice of Trial with Zoom video appearance details. Should you not receive a new notice, it is your responsibility to contact the court to make further inquiries or go to to check the status of our ticket. To update your address, please forward an email to   

    How do I pay my fine?

    You can pay City of Brampton parking tickets and most other Provincial Offences Act (POA) violations by telephone, by mail or online by visiting or  Payment for Provincial Offences Act (POA) violations may be made over the phone with a valid credit card Monday – Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm (excluding Holidays) please call 905.450.4770 and follow the prompt to make a payment over the phone.  For Brampton parking tickets please call 905.874.2404 to make payment.  A service fee will apply to all online and telephone payments.

    How do I request an Early Resolution Meeting for my ticket (Option #2)?

    Early Resolution meetings will be accepted and processed by the court. To request an early resolution meeting, select the applicable box on the back of the ticket (option #2) and return to the court. Please note the Prosecutors have elected to have Early Resolution meetings by telephone and as a result, you may choose that option on the offence notice. Acceptable forms of delivery are: 

    1. Drop ticket off in the drop box located at the front entrance of the court office (5 Ray Lawson Blvd.), 
    2. Mail the ticket to the court location noted on the back of the ticket, OR 
    3. File online through  OR 
    4. File online through OR 
    5. Scan the front and back of the ticket and email to 

    How do I request a Trial (Option # 3)?

    Trial requests may be filed in person at 5 Ray Lawson Blvd., Brampton by filing a Notice of Intention to Appear or alternatively by e-mailing your Notice of Intention to Appear to or by drop off in the drop box located at the front entrance to the court building.

    To obtain the Notice of Intention to Appear form, please access our website’s Online Forms and Guides webpage.

    Is the POA court house open?

    The courthouse at 5 Ray Lawson Blvd is open.

    Those attending the courthouse must complete the mandatory Covid-19 Courthouse Screening on the day of their anticipated attendance at the Courthouse by going to and show approval for entry to the security guard. Upon entry, follow all posted signage and directions. There will be a designated one-way entry door, where you will be greeted by a security guard. Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry, then visit the Information Counter for a queue ticket. 

    If your queue is at capacity, you will be prompted to provide your cell phone number to receive a queue number via text message, then wait outside until you receive a text advising you to enter the building. Colour coded floor markings will guide you to different service areas in the building. Masks are required in all public spaces.

    What if I can’t meet the required timeline/due dates?

    The Order pursuant to s.85 of the Provincial Offences Act issued by the Chief Justice of the Ontario Court of Justice extending certain time periods under the Provincial Offences Act expired February 26, 2021

    Court Administration has recommenced enforcement of all outstanding fines that are have now passed the due date imposed by the court.

    How do I submit an Extension of Time to Pay Fine application?

    Completed and signed extension applications can still be submitted and processed through our office via email or by the drop box located at the Provincial Offences Office located at 5 Ray Lawson Blvd.  

    You can access the extension application form on our website here.

    If your driver’s license is under suspension or if you cannot renew the sticker on your license plate, please ensure prompt submission of a completed Extension Application.  Extension Applications will be reviewed on a priority basis.  

    To obtain the outcome of your application, please visit

    How do I submit a Reopening Application?

    Completed and sworn reopening applications can be submitted through the drop box located at the Provincial Offences Office at 5 Ray Lawson Blvd. Unsworn Reopening Applications can be brought into the court office to be commissioned before a Commissioner of Oaths.   Please ensure you have photo identification when attending the court office for this purpose.  Reopening Applications will be reviewed on a priority basis.  For individuals with an imposed driver’s license suspension, please follow up with our office via email at

    You can access the reopening application package by visiting our website here.

    For application information, please visit

    How do I schedule a meeting at the court house to dispute my parking penalty?

    Requests to schedule Screening Reviews can be done over the phone with Service Brampton (call 311).  Due to social distancing restrictions, it is encouraged that screening and hearing review requests are done without attending the court office.

    What if I have a Screening Review or Hearing Review already scheduled?

    As of July 6, 2020 all scheduled screening and hearing reviews will be held in person at 5 Ray Lawson Blvd in Hearing Room # 1.  Please access our website for safety practice prior to attending the court office.

    Is the Prosecutions office at 5 Ray Lawson Boulevard open?

    Yes, it is open during regular business hours from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. We encourage you to visit our website at as most of the services may be done online. You may also call the Prosecutions main number at 905.450.7211 during regular business hours if you have any questions.

    How can I serve a document on the Prosecutions Office?

    Motions, Applications, Appeals and First Adjournment Requests may be served by email to To request disclosure, please visit for information.

    How do I request disclosure?

    Disclosure may be requested at the kiosk on the second floor of the courthouse located at 5 Ray Lawson Boulevard or by submitting a request online. You may visit for further information and to submit your request.


Social Services

    Where can I bring food donations?

    The City is working with three local food distributors: 

    Knights Table

    287 Glidden Road, Unit 4

    Donations accepted Monday - Friday 8 am - 6 pm, Sat & Sun 8 am - 4 pm

    Food Bank support is available through pre-packed hampers that will be distributed to regular service users, Wednesdays – Fridays 10 am - 4 pm


    253 Queen Street East

    Donations accepted Mon-Fri 8 am - 8 pm

    Emergency food bank is open Wednesdays and Fridays at 12-2 pm

    United Sikhs

    585 Guru Nanak Street

    905-672-2245 or 905-799-2682 or 647-287-4644
    Donations accepted Mon-Sun 11 am - 8 pm

    Food services

    You can access the following food services in Brampton:

    Regeneration Brampton 

    Changes to service: Food will be served for takeout only 

    Contact: 905.796.5888

    Address: 156 Main Street North (Grace United Church location)

    Hours of operation:
    Breakfast: seven days a week, 8 am to 9:30 am (ending at 9:15 am on Sundays)
    Lunch: Monday to Thursday, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm

    Knights Table

    Changes to services: Food will be served for take-out only

    Contact: 905.454.8725

    Address: 287 Glidden Rd unit #4

    Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm Weekends, 8 am to 4 pm 

    United Sikhs

    Langar (free vegetarian meal) may be picked up daily.

    Contact: 905-672-2245, 905-799-2682 or 647-287-4644

    Address: Guru Nanak Mission Centre, 585 Guru Nanak Street

    Hours of operation: Mornings 11 am – 1 pm, Evenings 6-8 pm

    Shelter and housing services

    Note: All shelters in Peel are operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are are health screening for COVID-19 over the phone and in-person. Entry will be denied should persons fail to pass the health screening procedure and additional measures will be taken to assist these individuals specifically. The public is encouraged to call before coming in whenever possible.

    Check the Region of Peel's COVID-19 Housing and Homelessness Update page for details on the actions that they are taking to prevent the spread of the virus within each shelter.

    Wilkinson Shelter (For males over 25)
    Contact: 905.452.1335
    Address: 15 Wilkinson Road, Brampton

    Our Peel Place (Youth ages 16-24)
    Contact: 905.238.1383
    Address: 3579 Dixie Road, Mississauga

    Brampton Queen Street Youth Shelter (Youth ages 16-24)
    Contact: 905.791.2334
    Address: 3458 Queen Street East

    Interim Place North & Interim Place South (For persons fleeing abuse or violence)
    Interim Place North: 905.676.8515
    Interim Place South: 905.403.9691

    Family Life Resource Centre (For persons fleeing abuse or violence)
    Contact: 905.451.4115

    Peel Family Shelter (For families and persons accompanied by children)
    Contact: 905.281.1272
    Address: 1767 Dundas Street East, Mississauga

    Cawthra Shelter(For persons over 25, and spouses) 

    Contact: 905.281.1272
    Address: 2500 Cawthra Road, Mississauga

    Housing Help Live Answer (Housing worker support)
    Contact: 905.453.1300
    Hours of operations: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

    Health services

    Region of Peel Outreach and Street - Helpline

    Changes to services
    Extended hours of operation. No changes to services.


    In-person service

    Hours of operation
    Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 9 pm
    Weekends, 11 am to 3 pm


    • Advocacy for members of the homeless community and those at risk of homelessness. They are the main contact for public service calls regarding homelessness in Brampton.
    • Facilitate resources for persons experiencing homelessness and provide in-person assistance with the following services:
      • Mental health support
      • Substance use harm reduction
      • Family transitional outreach
      • Ontario Works services
      • Housing support 

    Mental health services

    For mental health support resources, click here.

    For government supports, click here

    I need food urgently and can’t afford food right now. How can I access food?

    Families/residents that are in need of food urgently, can complete the Social Support online form. We work with the local food banks and can arrange to have a hot meal  or food hamper delivered. Remember to identify any food restrictions or food allergies.

    Please note:

    • It can take up to 48 hours to fulfill the food request, therefore, please ensure you have enough food until your next food request.
    • The food delivered comes from a local food bank, therefore, not all items requested can be fulfilled, since it all depends on donations.

    Do I need to reorder my hot meal/prepared meal everyday?

    Yes. You will need to reorder a hot meal/prepared meal everyday, or as required.

    How do I know my order is ready for pick-up?

    If you choose a pick-up option, we will not send any confirmation. You can pick-up your order from the selected location during their pick-up hours of operation.

    Do I have to reorder my items when I am out of a food hamper?

    Yes.  You will need to reorder to continue to receive a food hamper.

    Please note, it can take up to 48 hours to fulfill the food request, therefore, please ensure you have enough food until your next food request.

    The food delivered comes from a local food bank, therefore, not all items requested can be fulfilled as food availability is based on donations. 

    How can I become a Volunteer?

    If you want to help the City of Brampton and your community, please contact us so we can use your services where they are most needed. Email us at

    All volunteers must:

    • Be under the age of 65;
    • Be in good health.  No recent travel outside of Canada within the past 30 days; and
    • Be required to have a valid police check and provide us with a copy.  If you would like to volunteer, but do not have a police check, we may be able to assist with this.  Please email us at

    I want to volunteer, but do not have a police check, what can I do?

    The Peel Regional Police record services are still doing vulnerable sector checks during COVID-19 with higher priority being taken for those who are working to assist during the COVID-19 emergency. They are operating with a few important changes:

    •  Booking appointments for sector checks to be done at PRP 22 Division (7750 Hurontario St, Brampton, ON L6V 3W6)
    • Servicing applicants Monday-Friday from 8am-3pm. 
    • Volunteers must call in before coming in at 905-453-2121 (ext 4338)
    • Not accepting cash; volunteers should pay by debit or credit (Mastercard/Visa payment)


    Can I still obtain an accessible parking permit?

    The province has extended the validly of all permits; they are not processing renewals. For individuals whose parking permit has expired during the COVID-19 health crisis and are unable to renew their permit due to office closures, Enforcement will be honoring the existing permit until operations resume. to allow for permits to be renewed.

    First-time applicants can still apply but it could take longer than the usual process. Click here for more information.

    How do I access information on the website in an accessible format?

    The City makes every effort to ensure that web and other communications materials are accessible to all. Should you required information in alternate formats, you can submit an online request using this form.

    Is TransHelp service still available?

    TransHelp is operating in a modified process. Visit the Region of Peel website for more information.

    Where can I find accessibility resources available to me during the COVID-19 pandemic?

    The Region of Peel has comprised a list of all of the social support services available to Seniors and Vulnerable people. Click here to find the list of all the resources.


    My business licence expired, can I renew it?

    Business licences can be renewed by contacting

    I wish to open a new business in Brampton. How do I obtain a licence?

    Please see the online business application package and requirements. If you have questions, reach out to

    I would like to obtain a lottery licence. How do I do this?

    Please see this webpage for details, and if you have questions, reach out to

    My driving school vehicle licence expired on April 30, can I renew?

    • Expiry date for owner licence renewals is now September 30, 2021. 
    • Any Instructor’s licence may be renewed by emailing the renewal form along with the driver and criminal record search to
    • Driving School Operators Licences may be renewed now by emailing the renewal form along with the rate sheet and instructor list to 
      (Note) instructors can’t renew their vehicle or instructor licences without the school renewing their licences.
    • Driving school vehicle licence cost: $174
    • Driving school instructor licence cost: $98

    Has the expiry date for my limousine owners licence changed?

      • The expiry date for Limousine is unchanged, September 30, 2021.
      • Any Driver’s licence that expired may be renewed now by emailing the renewal form along with the rate sheet and instructor list to
      • Limousine Plate Owner licence cost: $274
      • Driver licence cost: $98  

    My refreshment vehicle licence expired on March 31st or April 30th; can I renew?

      • Expiry date for owner licence renewals is now May 31, 2021.  
      • Any Driver’s licence that expired may be renewed now by emailing the renewal form along with the rate sheet and instructor list to 
      • Refreshment vehicle licence cost – Class A & D: $298 or Class B & C: $241
      • Driver licence cost: $98  

    My taxicab owner’s licence expires on May 31st, can I renew?

      • Expiry date for owner licence renewals is now February 28, 2022.  
      • Any Driver’s licence that expired may be renewed now by emailing the renewal form along with the rate sheet and instructor list to 
         2011 vehicles registered as taxicabs will be permitted to remain on the road until February 28, 2022.
      • Vehicle’s requiring model year extensions will only be required to submit one safety standards certificate.  
      • Priority List renewals can be processed by email.
      • Any changes of vehicles or filing of leases can be processed by emailing 
      • Taxi owner plate licence cost: $494. Driver licence cost: $98  

    My tow truck owner’s licence expires on June 30, can I renew?

      • Expiry date for owner licence renewals is June 30, 2021, please sign and provide the required documents and submit the form and the additional documents using the online renewal form for tow trucks.  
      • Any Driver’s licence that expired will need to be renewed within 90 days of the office counter opening.
      • Any changes of vehicles or new licences can be processed by emailing all of the vehicle information to 
      • Tow truck licence cost: $363
      • Driver licence cost: $98

    I have an outstanding order to comply with an inspection, how can I resolve the issue?

    You can email us at and provide the following information:

    • Provincial Plate of your vehicle
    • Picture of the item you were required to show fixed or attached to the vehicle

Legal Services

    How are notices of legal proceedings being served upon the City?

    Please click here for full details. 

    Are you still providing Commissioner of Oaths services?

    Yes, to access this service, please book an appointment at Walk-ins are not permitted.


    What are the latest public health and workplace safety measures in place?

    In response to the rapidly-spreading and highly transmissible COVID-19 Omicron variant, the Government of Ontario introduced additional public health and workplace safety measures, including capacity and social gathering limits.

    Public Health Measures

    Private Social Gatherings
    As of December 19, 2021, private social gatherings are permitted to have: 

    • 10 people indoors
    • 25 people outdoors

    Organized Public Events 
    As of December 19, 2021, publicly-organized events are permitted to have:

    • 25 people indoors with face masks and physical distancing measures in place.
    • Outdoor organized public events are permitted with no limit on the number of people. A face covering must be worn if physical distancing of 2 metres is not possible.

    Capacity Limits
    As of December 19, 2021, 50 per cent capacity limits are in place in the following indoor public settings:

    • Restaurants and bars 
    • Personal care services
    • Personal physical fitness training centres
    • Retailers (including grocery stores and pharmacies)
    • Shopping malls
    • Non-spectator areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities (e.g. gyms)
    • Indoor recreational amenities
    • Indoor clubhouses at outdoor recreational amenities
    • Tour and guide services
    • Photography studios and services

    These limits do not apply to any portion of a business or place that is being used for a wedding, a funeral or a religious service, rite, concert or ceremony. Businesses or facilities will need to post a sign stating the capacity limits that are permitted in the establishment.

    Additional Measures
    To further reduce the spread of COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, additional protective measures are also being applied:

    • The number of patrons permitted to sit at a table will be limited to 10 people and patrons will be required to remain seated in restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments, meeting and event spaces and strip clubs.
    • Bars and restaurants, meeting and event spaces and strip clubs will be required to close by 11 pm. Takeout and delivery will be permitted beyond 11 pm.
    • Dancing will not be allowed except for workers or performers.
    • Food and/or drink services will be prohibited at sporting events; concert venues, theatres and cinemas; casinos, bingo halls and other gaming establishments; and horse racing tracks, car racing tracks and other similar venues.
    • The sale of alcohol will be restricted after 10 pm and consumption of alcohol in businesses or settings after 11 pm.

    Read the Province’s full news release here.

    Who do I call to report a possible violation of the Provincial Orders and/or the City’s By-law?

    Residents who wish to report a potential violation of the Provincial Orders or the City’s COVID-19 Emergency Measures related By-law can call the City’s 311 service centre. 311 will direct information regarding potential violations to the City’s various responding departments (including security and by-law enforcement services). 

    Where necessary the City will report to and work with our local enforcement partners, including Peel Regional Police and Peel Public Health to respond to information regarding potential violations received from the public. 

    In addition, with respect to complaints regarding unconscionable pricing or price gouging, residents may also contact the Consumer Protection Ontario Call Centre at 1-800-889-9768 (which operates between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm), or file complaints online here.

    Does the City’s COVID-19 Emergency Measures By-law physical distancing regulation, which prohibits people from being less than 2.0 metres apart, apply to workers at essential businesses?

    The City supports Brampton’s business community and recognizes that, in some workplaces, physical distancing of 2 metres is not possible. As a result, workers at essential businesses are exempt from the physical distancing regulations in the City’s COVID-19 Emergency Measures By-law while they are at work. However, as always, employers should ensure they are meeting all Provincial and Public Health Guidelines, orders and other applicable legislation. The City of Brampton appreciates the efforts of essential businesses and workers during this challenging time.

    Who should I call if I have questions about essential businesses and services?

    Residents and businesses with questions about the provincial list of essential businesses and services can continue to call the Province’s ‘Stop the Spread’ Business Information Line at 1.888.444.3659.

    Can any driveway upgrades be made during this pandemic?

    Yes. Please check with the Buildings division for curb cut permits. Also be sure to check our webpage for new rules for driveway paving contractors which came into effect in spring 2021. For a list of licensed contractors, click here. 

    Is the Enforcement and By-law Services office open?

    The Enforcement and By-law Services office at Unit#2 of Flower City Community Campus is open for appointment-based, in-person services. Click here to book an appointment for Licensing (Mobile & Stationary Businesses) or Sign Applications matters.

    Where can I get more information about enforcement rules?

    For additional FAQs and more information, please click here.

    As a business owner, how should I enforce the mandatory mask by-law?

    Businesses are required to post at all entrances and within the business clearly visible signage notifying people that masks are required to be worn when entering and while inside the business in accordance with the City of Brampton By-law 135-2020- 2020, as well as reminding people to maintain a 2.0 metre distance whenever possible. A sample poster may be found here

    Having clearly visible signage posted at all entrances will assist businesses to enforce the mandatory masks by-law. 

    Business owners may also find other useful signage regarding masks and public health advice relating to COVID-19 here.

    What if customers don’t comply and still want to go inside?

    Business owners are obligated to inform customers or visitors that they must wear a mask to enter their establishment. If they are exempt for any of the reasons listed in the by-law as exemptions, please be respectful and allow them to enter. They are not required to provide proof of exemption or to advise which exemption applies. 

    If a person is not exempt, a business owner can tell them that they are not permitted to enter without a mask. If they enter without consent, businesses can call 311 to report the issue.

    How should businesses manage requests for exemption (eg. medical reasons for not wearing a mask)?

    People are not required to disclose which exemption applies or to provide proof of exemption – if someone tells you they are exempt, please be respectful and allow them to enter.

    Who should businesses call for non-compliance?

    Businesses should call 311 if patrons insist on entering the establishment without a mask after they have been instructed to wear one.

    Where are masks mandatory?

    Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces. The mask must be worn in any indoor area that is openly accessible to the public.

    Examples of BusinessesWhere a mask is requiredWhere a mask is not required
    Retail stores
    • Retail floor/aisles
    • Cashier area/queues
    • Service desks/counters
    • Publicly accessible washrooms

    • Staff lounge
    • Stock / storage room
    • Workshop / service area
    • Private office
    • Shipping / receiving area
    • Outdoor patios
    • Display areas that is part of the retail space (e.g. outdoor garden centre)
    • Line-ups to enter store

    • Indoor takeout counters
    • Indoor dining area (when permitted to open)
    • Indoor food preparation areas that is open to the public

    • Outdoor drive-thru windows
    • Outdoor dining area
    • Kitchen that is physically separated from the dining area and not accessible to the public
    • Staff lounge / private office
    • Shipping / receiving area not open to the public

    Indoor areas open to the public
    • Outdoor areas open to the public
    • Administrative offices, service areas or other areas not open to the public

    Now that masks are mandatory, does that mean we no longer have to practise physical distancing when we’re inside?

    No, physical distancing is still necessary. Wearing a mask will not, on its own, eliminate COVID-19. Please follow the Core Four actions to help us overcome COVID-19:

    1. Stay apart: Maintain 2-metres distance from everyone outside your safe social circle.

    2. Lather up: Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.

    3. Mask up: Wear a non-medical mask where maintaining physical distancing is difficult and where masks are mandatory. Protect the supply of medical grade masks for health care workers.

    4. Get tested: If you think you might have COVID-19 or have been exposed to it you should get tested. While waiting for test results, stay home, self-isolate and prevent potential spread.

    Can a storeowner deny me service if I’m not wearing a mask?

    Yes, a storeowner can prevent you from entering their place of business if you are not wearing a mask, unless you have a legitimate reason for exemption (see FAQ regarding exemptions). If you enter contrary to their consent, you will be trespassing and the storeowner can call 311 to request by-law officers to attend their place of business.

    Who doesn’t need to wear a mask?

    Some people are not able to wear a mask. They do not need to provide proof. Please be respectful of people who disclose that they are not able to wear a mask.

    The following individuals would be exempt from the requirement to wear a mask:

    • children 2 years of age or younger;
    • children between the ages of 3 and 5 who refuse to wear a mask and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver;
    • Persons who have trouble breathing or are otherwise unable to wear a mask for medical reasons or by reason of disability, including Persons unable to place or remove a mask without assistance;
    • Persons who are engaged in an athletic, fitness, or aquatic activity in accordance with the Emergency Orders;
    • Persons while consuming food or drink provided such businesses are permitted to operate under the Emergency Orders and all other conditions of the Emergency Orders are met;
    • Persons while receiving services involving the face and requiring the removal of a mask, provided such services are permitted to operate under the Emergency Orders and provided 2.0 metre distance is maintained from all other persons other than the person providing the service;

    The by-law also provides an exemption for employees working in areas not accessible by the public, and for police, fire and paramedics during the course of an emergency call.

    What should I do if I see people not wearing masks in indoor public places?

    If you see people without masks in indoor public places, whenever possible, notify store personnel or call 311 to report it.

    How will this by-law be enforced? Can I get a ticket for not wearing a mask?

    If by-law officers see people without masks in indoor public spaces, they will issue tickets to those people if they don’t have a reason for an exemption. 

    They may also charge the business owner if they knowingly allowed people into their place of business without an exemption or masks.

    If someone ignores a business owner’s direction to wear a mask or leave, the business owner can call 311 and the offender may be fined by by-law officers. 

    Which businesses are exempt from the by-law?

    The following businesses are exempt from the by-law?

    • hospitals and portions of buildings used by regulated health professionals;
    • buildings owned or services operated by the Province of Ontario or the Federal Government of Canada;
    • portions of community centres, arenas or other buildings that are being used for the purpose of providing day camps for children or for the training of amateur or professional athletes;
    • portions of community centres, arenas or other buildings operated by the Municipality that are being used for the purpose of providing community services or programs for which registration is required; and
    • school transportation vehicles

    How long will masks be mandatory?

    The City of Brampton’s mandatory mask by-law will be in effect for a temporary period of time expiring at 12:01 a.m. on April 1, 2022 unless extended by Council.

    How old do my children have to be to wear a mask?

    Children two years of age and under are not required to wear a mask. Children from 3-5 years of age are encouraged to wear a mask but aren’t required to if they refuse and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver.

    How should I dispose of my disposable mask?

    Never discard your mask anywhere but in the garbage.

    The by-law says masks are required in "Personal Transportation Vehicles". Does this mean I need to wear a mask in my own car?

    No. Personal Transportation Vehicles is the licence category in our by-law for app-based vehicle for hire companies (eg. Uber/Lyft). They are often referred to by the public as ride share companies.  The by-law only applies to vehicles licensed under the Mobile Licensing By-law 67-2014, not personal vehicles.

    Are masks mandatory in common areas of apartments and condominiums?

    Yes. On August 5, 2020 the Mandatory Face Coverings by-law was amended to make masks mandatory in common areas of all apartments, condominiums, hotels and motels and short term accommodations in Brampton. This includes vestibules, lobbies, hallways, stairs, elevators, underground parking levels, meeting rooms and other common use amenity spaces. On June 16, 2021 Council approved the Mandatory Mask By-law, extending use of masks until September 30, 2021. Face coverings are not permitted in this bylaw. Only non-medical masks must be worn. 

    Are masks mandatory on Brampton Transit? Will that be enforced?

    Yes, non-medical masks are mandatory on all Brampton Transit buses and at terminals, with exceptions. Those with medical issues or a disability that may prohibit them from wearing a mask, and children under the age of two, don’t have to wear one. Under the City by-law, Enforcement may issue tickets for non-compliance. Our Operators will not be enforcing or denying rides as there are exceptions to the by-law, but are encouraged to continue to educate the public that masks are mandatory on Brampton Transit. Click here to learn more.

    Can I wear a face shield instead of a mask?

    No, a face shield is not an alternative to a non-medical mask and is not included in the definition of a mask in By-law 135-2020. It does not provide the same level of protection (face shields can leave gaps between the face shield and face).

    For those who have an exemption and cannot tolerate wearing a mask safely, a face shield is better than no mask and may provide some protection. If a face shield is used, it should extend below the chin and wrap around the sides of the face. Throw out disposable face shields after each use, or if reusable, clean and disinfect after each use.


    How can we support local businesses?

    Businesses were greatly impacted by the pandemic. Check out the Support Local section of our website for what you can do to support them, and help with economic recovery. 

    Is GO Transit still running?

    GO Transit is still operating to and from Brampton. For more information on schedules and COVID-19 restrictions please visit  

    How do I get information about schools reopening?

    Visit the respective School Board’s website for up-to-date information. For more information, visit

    Is the programming at The Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University still ongoing?

    The Chang School continues to offer online courses, so that you can still pursue an education with the flexibility and pace that suits your schedule. If you have any questions, you can connect with one of the school's advisors at who can help you choose the right course or program for you. 

    You can also find out more about their programs by attending one of their virtual information sessions — you can check out all their event listings here.  

    What is the City doing about securing financial support from higher levels of government for COVID-19 supports?

    The City of Brampton is in regular communications with mayors from across Canada through the Big Cities Mayors Caucus (BCMC) and the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM).

    Members of BCMC are united and working directly with the Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister and key Members of Cabinet to find ways to support those most vulnerable in our communities and provide necessary relief to local businesses affected by COVID-19.

    More information will be shared when available.