- Playgrounds/play structures (play structures are not sanitized)
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Picnic areas (no bookings accepted at this time)
- Shade/picnic shelters
- Parking lots adjacent to parks/trails
- Leash-free dog parks
- Disc golf course
- Skate parks
- Pickleball/Tennis courts (Mon-Sun. Before 11 am is seniors hours)
- Outdoor basketball courts
- Spray pads open from 9 am to 9 pm
- Wading pools
- Arena ice and outdoor sports fields (reservation required)
- Eldorado Park outdoor pool
- Professor's Lake (reservation required)
- Professor’s Lake canoe, paddle board and kayak rental
- Peel Village Golf Course (first tee off 6:30 am/last tee off 6:40 pm)
- Portolets at select sports fields
- Washrooms open at the following parks (Mon-Fri, 4 to 9 pm and Sat-Sun, 9 am to 9 pm)
- Teramoto Park
- McCandless Park
- Creditview Sandalwood Park
- Batsman Park
- Eldorado Park
- Chinguacousy Park
- Gage Park
- Fitness in the Park – free outdoor fitness program
- Indoor pools, fitness amenities, and limited drop-in programs by reservation only (after Labour Day)
- Permits (Driveway Widening, Excessive Load, Fill/Grading, Road Occupancy & Access, Parking)
- Snow Financial Assistance Program
- Information/Inquiries & Service Request reporting
- Tax Payments*
- Recreation Registration & Information
- Theatre Ticket purchases (although Theatre is not currently opening)
- Water payments (on behalf of Region of Peel)*
- Garbage Tag purchases*
- Animal licenses*
- Parking permits
- Parking ticket payments*
- POA fine payments*
- Applications: (Snow removal, Seniors tax rebates, Tax Statements & Receipts, Tree Permits, Pre-authorized payment (Tax)
- Brampton Transit buses are operating a reduced service, check schedules before travelling. July 2 onwards, non-medical masks are mandatory and front boarding will begin.
- Bramalea Terminal, Brampton Gateway Terminal and Downtown Terminal
- Trinity Common Terminal
The animal shelter and office at Chrysler Drive remains closed. Virtual adoptions and services are available, click here for details.
Arts and Culture
City Clerk’s Services (marriage, business licensing etc.)
Appointment-based services for Marriage Licences and Adult Entertainment Licences continue to be available in-person as City Hall.
Appointments are mandatory. Click here to book your appointment.
Enforcement & By-law Services
The office at Unit#2 at Flower City Community Campus is open as of September 9, 2020 for specific appointment-based services for Licensing (Mobile & Stationary Businesses) and Sign Applications. To book at appointment, click here.
Several services continue to be available online such as licence renewals for taxis, rideshare, tow trucks etc, click here.
Group Gatherings and Physical Distancing:
As part of the Stage 3 provincial reopening, indoor gatherings of up to 50 people and outdoor gatherings of up to 100 people are now permitted. These gatherings remain subject to compliance with provincial physical distancing requirements of a two-metre distance from anyone outside your household or 10-person social circle.
The City’s Emergency measures by-laws on physical distancing remains in effect, prohibiting people from maintaining less than a 2.0 metre distance from one another on any public property. Individuals not adhering to physical distancing regulation can be fined a minimum of $500 and maximum of up to $100,000 for each offence. Residents can call 311 to report non-compliance.
All City festivals, events, performances and community event permits for events at City facilities and performing arts centres, including The Rose, continue to be cancelled until Labour Day on September 7, 2020, inclusive.
Farmers Market will be open in downtown Brampton Saturdays, from June 27 to October 24. Before visiting, take note of these safety checklist here. Note new market hours are 8 am to 1 pm.
The City of Brampton’s Film & Television Office is following guidance of the Ontario Film Commission - Ontario Creates - to form a consistent return-to-work framework for the film, television and commercial production industry.
To find updates to filming in Brampton click here.
Fire & Emergency Services
Chinguacousy in the Civic Centre, Four Corners and Springdale Branch Libraries are now open every day except Sunday for holds pickup, computer/wifi use and printing only. Please click here for hours of operation and enhanced safety measures.
Cyril Clark, Gore Meadows, Mount Pleasant Village, South Fletcher's and South West Branch Libraries remain closed to the public, while offering Curbside Pickup of holds on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 2 - 5 pm.
Place holds online with your Brampton Library card and PIN. Please wait to receive notification that your held items are ready. Return your items anytime using any library location's external drop box. Click here or call 905.793.4636 for details.
Parks, Trails and Outdoor Recreation
All parks and trails are open, including:
The courthouse at 5 Ray Lawson Blvd opened on July 6.
Those attending the courthouse must follow all posted signage and directions. There will be a designated one-way entry door, where you will be greeted by a security guard, please review the posted self screening questions on COVID-19 before entering the facility. Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry, then visit the Information Counter for a queue ticket.
If your queue is at capacity, you will be prompted to provide your cell phone number to receive a queue number via text message, then wait outside until you receive a text advising you to enter the building. Colour coded floor markings will guide you to different service areas in the building.
For more info, visit FAQ section.
Roads, Maintenance, Operations and Fleet
The Williams Parkway Operations Centre at 1975 Williams Pkwy is open as of September 9, 2020 for specific appointment-based services for:
Service Brampton information kiosk and cash counter at City Hall, and the kiosk at Civic Centre are open as of September 9, 2020 for specific appointment-based services only. Click here to book an appointment:
Transit services and Terminals