- Playgrounds/play structures (play structures are not sanitized)
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Picnic areas (no bookings accepted at this time)
- Shade/picnic shelters
- Parking lots adjacent to parks/trails
- Leash-free dog parks
- Disc golf course
- Skate parks
- Pickleball/Tennis courts (Mon-Sun. Before 11 am is seniors hours)
- Outdoor basketball courts
- Spray pads open from 9 am to 9 pm
- Wading pools
- Arenas and outdoor sports fields open to leagues for gameplay (in accordance with the Province’s Return to Play guidelines)
- Eldorado Park outdoor pool
- Professor's Lake (reservation required)
- Professor’s Lake canoe, paddle board and kayak rental (August 10)
- Peel Village Golf Course (first tee off 6:30 am/last tee off 6:40 pm)
- Portolets at select sports fields
- Washrooms open at the following parks (Mon-Fri, 4 to 9 pm and Sat-Sun, 9 am to 9 pm)
- Teramoto Park
- McCandless Park
- Creditview Sandalwood Park
- Batsman Park
- Eldorado Park
- Chinguacousy Park
- Gage Park
- Fitness in the Park – free outdoor fitness program (August 10)
- Indoor pools, fitness amenities, and limited drop-in programs by reservation only (after Labour Day)
- Brampton Transit buses are operating a reduced service, check schedules before travelling. July 2 onwards, non-medical masks are mandatory and front boarding will begin.
- Bramalea Terminal, Brampton Gateway Terminal and Downtown Terminal
- Trinity Common Terminal
The animal shelter and office at Chrysler Drive remains closed. Virtual adoptions and services are available, click here for details.
Arts and Culture
Building Permits, Second Unit applications
Services continue. The office at Flower City Community Campus remains closed to the public. For online services, click here.
City Hall, West Tower and other facilities
City Hall and the adjoining West Tower remains closed to the public.
City Hall is open only on Thurs and Fri for marriage licence issuance. This is by appointment only.
Williams Parkway Operations Centre remains closed to the public.
Enforcement & By-law Services
The office at Flower City Community Campus remains closed to the public. For online services relating to licence renewals for taxis, rideshare, tow trucks etc, click here.
Group Gatherings and Physical Distancing:
As part of the Stage 3 provincial reopening, indoor gatherings of up to 50 people and outdoor gatherings of up to 100 people are now permitted. These gatherings remain subject to compliance with provincial physical distancing requirements of a two-metre distance from anyone outside your household or 10-person social circle.
The City’s Emergency measures by-laws on physical distancing remains in effect, prohibiting people from maintaining less than a 2.0 metre distance from one another on any public property. Individuals not adhering to physical distancing regulation can be fined a minimum of $500 and maximum of up to $100,000 for each offence. Residents can call 311 to report non-compliance.
All City festivals, events, performances and community event permits for events at City facilities and performing arts centres, including The Rose, continue to be cancelled until Labour Day on September 7, 2020, inclusive.
Farmers Market will be open in downtown Brampton Saturdays, from June 27 to October 24. Before visiting, take note of these safety checklist here. Note new market hours are 8 am to 1 pm.
Fire & Emergency Services
New holds may now be placed for curbside pickup at select library branches with a valid library card. Residents are invited to reserve materials online at bramptonlibrary.ca and select from a list of five library branches that are active in delivering this service. Details are available at bramptonlibrary.ca and on Brampton Library’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages @bramptonlibrary. At this time, all Brampton Library branches remain closed to the public.
Parks, Trails and Outdoor Recreation
All parks and trails are open, including:
he courthouse at 5 Ray Lawson Blvd opened on July 6.
Those attending the courthouse must follow all posted signage and directions. There will be a designated one-way entry door, where you will be greeted by a security guard, please review the posted self screening questions on COVID-19 before entering the facility. Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry, then visit the Information Counter for a queue ticket.
If your queue is at capacity, you will be prompted to provide your cell phone number to receive a queue number via text message, then wait outside until you receive a text advising you to enter the building. Colour coded floor markings will guide you to different service areas in the building.
For more info, visit FAQ section.
Transit services and Terminals